The activities of WMC Sinterstar AG comprise two main segments, namely the in-house manufacturing of sintered cemented carbides according to individual customer drawings with possible tolerance grinding by subcontractors on the one side and the trading of industrial tools on the other side:
- Production of sintered cemented carbide parts, based on tungsten carbide and on cobalt or nickel binder, in a sinter-HIP process, for hard metal tools, stamping, cutting and pressing tools, dies, cutting rings, knives, end mills, wear protection, chemical sealings and other applications. Partial finish grinding of the raw sintered parts by partner companies and subcontractors possible.
Our production processes include the preparation of the powders, the pressing, the pre-sintering, the mechanical shaping with diamond tools and the high-pressure sintering. WMC Sinterstar AG has developed special cemented carbide grades, e.g. EDM grades, ultrahard grades and corrosion-resistant grades. Our customers value the precise shaping of the carbide parts in the green stage, the metallurgical quality and the short delivery times.
- Technical consulting and selling of
- Diamond and CBN wheels and tools
- Diamond lapping and polishing compounds
- Cemented carbide tools
- Ceramic grinding wheels
- Ceramic grinding and polishing stones and abrasives.
Our cemented carbides are represented by:
+ WMC Sinterstar GmbH, Schwäbisch-Gmünd, for Germany
+ WMR Wilhelm Metzger sarl., Belfort, for France.