Designed for high productivity: New SCARA robot from FANUC
At PRODEX, FANUC will present for the first time in Switzerland, the SR-6iA, the 6 kg version of the new Scara series. Only last year, FANUC presented the SR-3iA, the first model of the new robot series.
New SCARA robot from FANUC
The new FANUC series of SCARA robots are ideally suited to high-
speed operations, including precision pick and place, assembly, testing and inspection and packaging, across a range of industries such as consumer electronics, auto components, plastics, lab automation, appliance and medical device manufacturing. Like other models in the series, the SCARA SR-6iA is compact, lightweight and occupies a small footprint.
A cost-effective solution, the SCARA SR-6iA has been designed for high productivity and offers an exceptional level of speed and precision for assembly and material handling applications. The SR-6iA boasts a generous 6 kg payload, a 650 mm reach and a 210 mm stroke.
Powered by the new R-30iB Compact Plus controller, the SR-6iA offers the same intelligence and reliability that is provided by all FANUC robots, including integrated iRVision, iRPickTool, conveyor tracking, fieldbus connectivity, integrated safety, and most other software options. For easy robot setups and programming, the series features FANUC’s new SCARA iRProgrammer software interface. Running on tablets or PCs, iRProgrammer can be accessed easily via a web browser such as Safari or Chrome.
FANUC SCARA robot -features and benefits
- ultra-compact footprint and slim profile minimize interference with peripheral devices
- lightweight design enables easy system integration and continuous fast operation
- high inertia capacity maximises flexibility to handle large work pieces
- 210 mm long vertical stroke makes it possible to perform assembly, packaging and handling operations
- bottom cable exit (optional) provides cable protection, and saves valuable floor space for higher efficiency
- integral air lines, 24VDC power and I/O signal cables, and solenoid valves simplify system integration and reduce overall cost
- brake release switch on the robot’s arm allows easy error recovery
- new high-performance R-30iB Compact Plus controller requires minimal space and allows layout and installation flexibility
- new web-based iRProgrammer user interface for intuitive and easy robot setup and programming on a Tablet or PC (Web browser independent, Teach Pendant is optional)
- standard CE/NRTL compliance on the R-30iB Compact Plus controller allows global deployment without any additional cost
- same high performance intelligent software options across the entire FANUC robot line, including iRVision (Integrated Vision), iRPickTool, conveyor tracking, fieldbus connectivity and integrated safety