VERSA 645 linear - Highly dynamic 5-axis machining
Machining simple or complex precision parts — whether 5-axis with positioning or 5-axis simultaneous milling, the FEHLMANN VERSA 645 linear masters any demanding complex task with flying colours — accurately and reliably.
The FEHLMANN VERSA 645 linear allows for machining workpieces highly dynamically in five axes and with maximum precision. Thanks to the intelligently designed drive concept, compromises between precision and dynamic machining are a thing of the past: linear drives permit high acceleration and dynamics without compromising maximum precision. The fact that only two axes are used for cutting, results in high rigidity and precision on the tool axis and, thus, in an immaculate surface finish. The tilting rotary table is integrated into the machine concept in a longitudinal direction, thereby guaranteeing a swiveling area unaffected by the linear axes (no kinetic coupling effect). It also disposes of direct drives with cooled torque motors and high-accuracy angular measurement systems, which grant maximum dynamic precision even during simultaneous multi-axis machining.
The VERSA 645 linear has been designed for maximum precision through and through. The cooled slide components, as well as the cooled machine structure, consistently prevent undesirable thermal growth. The X axis with the tilting rotary table is supported along the entire bed length for perfect stability. The stable swivel bridge with counter-bearing also contributes to the high rigidity of the FEHLMANN VERSA 645 linear.
Can be automated without restrictions
With its well thought out and compact design, the VERSA 645 linear may be automated at any time. As the automatic loading door is located on the right side of the machine, an automation system can be easily connected. The machining area is freely accessible from the front for setup work and process control, independently of the machine configuration. Depending on the number of pallets and the variety of parts, the system may be controlled and monitored by a pallet management integrated in the control unit, or via the flexible FEHLMANN MCM™ (Milling Center Manager). Thus, the FEHLMANN VERSA 645 linear may be adapted to a wide variety of automation concepts - even if you do not decide to retrofit your machine until later on.
Generous machining area
The VERSA 645 linear offers a very compact footprint and takes up only a small amount of space at the production site. Despite of this, workpieces up to a height of 250 mm and a weight of up to 150 kg may be machined on the rotary table, which has a diameter of 350 mm. The table is available in various designs, offering the right solution for each and any application.
The FEHLMANN VERSA 645 linear offers the proven and known advantages of the successful FEHLMANN-VERSA family:
- Excellent accessibility and optimal visibility into the machining area. Manual part loading is done from the front. The door extends right into the machine roof, allowing for comfortable crane loading from the top.
- The tool changer with chain magazine has a capacity for 50 tools in the basic version and can be upgraded to 86 tools. The optional rack magazine accommodates up to 225 additional tools and can be installed easily and in a space-saving manner on the left side of the machine.
- High rigidity with minimum thermal growth and optimal vibration damping due to the machine base made of gray cast iron, with three-point support system.
- Perfect dynamic accuracy due to weight-optimized moving parts made of spheroidal cast iron.
- Standardized or even customized automation with robot may be retrofitted at any time, as the right side of the machine remains accessible.
- Can also easily be combined with a FEHLMANN VERSA 825 automation system at any time – due to an intelligent symmetrical concept, which leaves the right machine side accessible for automation.
- Perfect operability from the front with ergonomical configuration of all operating elements.
- FEHLMANN MCM™ (Milling Center Manager) for the comfortable control and supervision of automated systems.
- Wide variety of pallet types up to individual customized solutions.